Image

Image

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Blush Review: NYX Pinky

Dear beautiful readers,

Yesterday I posted a fairly long description of my January Project Make-a-dent! In that post, I mentioned that I would be posting reviews about most of those products during this month. Today I’m posting the first of those reviews, focusing on one of the more fun products of the bunch: NYX Blush in the shade Pinky!




This is a stunning blush - a gorgeous hot pink almost unlike any other blushes I own. It’s so vibrant that it isn’t for the faint of heart, due to its incredible pigmentation. I did not know until I started using this blush that inexpensive drugstore products could be so pigmented and fabulous. 



Here’s a swatch of the blush by itself. From left to right, I have one swipe blended out, one swipe without being blended, and then three layers blended out and three layers without being blended. 

As you can see from the swatches, even just one layer is incredibly pigmented. This isn’t one of your buildable blushes; what you see is immediately what you get. Because of its pigmentation, though, you have to be very light with your application. I recommend using a larger brush and blending well so that you don’t have clown cheeks. It is very, very easy to over-do it with this blush. The lightest possible touch is what you want.

Closeup of me wearing the blush: 


Here, I've tried to apply it lightly and blend it well. But you can still seethe lovely pop of color, which lends a nice level of color to the face.

However, despite the fact that too much can come off as clown-like, I absolutely adore this blush. The amount of good blush you get for the price is already an incredible deal, and the fact that you have to use just a tiny, tiny amount means it will last you ages. A note about the packaging though - the lid isn’t super sturdy. I’m occasionally clumsy, and I’ve dropped this blush at least once, and while the base plastic which contains the product is still nice and unbroken, the lid is cracked - to the point that the clear plastic can fall out if I’m not careful, exposing the blush. So please be careful (or at least more careful than apparently I am) with the packaging.

I was pretty sure that I didn’t have another blush this vibrant and pink, and after looking through my collection, I was right! In fact, the only other blushes I had that came close to this color and pigmentation were actually also NYX blushes. I also found one blush from Wet and Wild that was the most similar to NYX in Pinky, so I swatched that as well.



From left to right: Wet n Wild Color Icon Blusher in Heather Silk, NYX in Pinched, NYX in Pinky, and NYX in Peach.

Heather Silk by Wet n Wild is the closest to Pinky, although I would describe the color as slightly duskier than Pinky. It is just as pigmented if not more than Pinky, making it another great deal that you can find cheaply. If you want a slightly more subdued effect than Pinky, then Heather Silk is the way to go.

NYX in Pinched is slightly more salmony than Pinky, and NYX in Peach is also more salmon-colored than Pinky, although closer in color than Pinched. Note that Peach is not actually peach colored, but again a bright pink, which makes things a little confusing. Both of these have a slightly less intense effect on the cheeks if you like the color but want something less bold, again without giving up the pigmentation.

But if you’re looking for hot pink cheeks for cheap, then NYX Pinky is the way to go. I would definitely recommend it.



That’s all for this review, folks. But stay tuned for more fun things in the upcoming week!

Yours,


Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment